Get that perfect shade of white when you smile! Enhancing the colour and brightness of your teeth is simple with our professional-grade at-home whitening kits, provided by your dentist, who must first create custom mouth trays for you. These trays are to be filled with professional-grade whitening gel and placed over your top and bottom teeth. After wearing them for a specified time period every day for about two weeks, your teeth will achieve the same whitening results as an in-office treatment.
Professional at-home teeth whitening kits are those obtained from your dentist which contain a high concentration of either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. Custom-fitted dental trays are included to keep the whitening solution on the surface of the tooth and limit the exposure of the solution to the sensitive gum (gingival) area. Professional in-home kits are relatively easy to use and offer exceptional results after just one to two weeks of use.
Using Professional Home Whitening Kits---- Custom-made trays must be manufactured in order to ensure the whitening solution are properly distributed. Without these, a lot of the solution could be wasted or put onto areas of the mouth that may be damaged.
There are several steps to obtaining and using in-home teeth whitening kit:
- Impressions would first be taken of both your upper and lower teeth using non-toxic dental putty to make the custom trays.
- In the meantime, the initial shade of your teeth would be recorded in your dental chart for comparison when the whitening is completed.
- When the trays are ready, an appointment would be set to show you how to properly dispense and apply the solution and other instructions needed to obtain the optimal results.
- Before starting the at-home procedure, you would need to brush, floss, and rinse completely.
- The procedure itself is typically performed an hour per day for two weeks, Certain brands can be worn overnight. You would need to avoid eating, drinking, or smoking while wearing the trays and continue to do the same for 30 minutes after.
- After two weeks of treatment, a follow-up appointment would be made to track your results and see how they compare to your reference shade.
- The additional whitening solution can be used for touch-ups if needed.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
we offer flexible office hours to meet your needs for dental services in Slave Lake. Fill out the form to request an appointment or Call us on: +1 780-843-0755 and a member of our team will be in touch to confirm a time that fits your schedule.
Disclaimer: Dr. Preet is a General Dentist. She is not a specialist in Cosmetic Dentistry. Cosmetic Dentistry is not a specialty recognized by the Alberta Dental Association & College (ADA&C). Dr. Preet provides cosmetic dental procedures such as porcelain veneers, crowns, dental bonding, and teeth whitening as part of her General Dentist license. Dr. Preet provides General dental procedures